At any rate, a vast majority of the priests who came were in the Way. While it is great that Father Jeff made the time and effort to attend, it is unfortunate that the other priests who are not walking in the Way were unable to attend. It definitely shows that the problem lies in the clergy rather than in the laity. Many members of the NCW were in attendance, but there were also many people from different Catholic organizations and many others who are not in the NCW. It was great to see that we were able to come together as one, holy, Catholic Church. Those who oppose the Archbishop and the NCW are only few in number.
Many of the local priests could certainly learn from the lay people who came out that evening to celebrate Mass together as God's family. We certainly need to pray for those priests who are unable to forgive and continue to hold grudges and envy in their hearts. We need to pray for all our priests.
The RMS priests are indeed Catholic priests.
- On April 22, 2015, Pope Francis ordained 10 men from the Remdemptoris Mater Seminary into the priesthood.
- On November 27, 2015, Pope Francis appointed Father Hecotr Vila, the Rector of Toronto's Redemptoris Mater Seminary, as the new Bishop of Whitehorse. So, there is now a Bishop who was formed in the Redemptoris Mater Seminary.
- The Way has the blessings of four Popes since it has started in the 1960s. The Pope is the Successor of the Apostle Peter and the Vicar of Christ. The Way is not excommunicated in any way, but a part of the Catholic Church nor has it ever been declared a heretic by the Pope.
- The Statutes of the Way was approved by the Holy See in 2008, and the Catechetical Directory was approved in 2011.
- The papal Nuncio of the United States celebrated with the members of the Neocatechumenal Way in 2010, and they don't have a problem with the way the celebration was conducted (See Papal Nuncio)
- Father Neil has a Ph.D in Liturgy. In his letter, he stated that the Way is not violating the liturgy. (See Father Neil's Letter). Those who feel that Father Neil is incorrect are only questioning his credentials. If you think you know better than Father Neil, then FIRST show us your credentials.