Friday, February 28, 2014

Purpose of the Way


I may be wrong, but it appears that some people believe that the Neocatechumenal Way is there to replace the Catholic Church.  This is far from the truth.  The Catholic Church was already built by Christ more than 2000 years ago.  He promised that that the gates of Hell will not prevail over her, and that He will be with her until the end of the age.  

So, why are they fearful that the Way is going to replace something that withstood the test of time?  Where is this fear coming from?  Nothing can topple the Catholic Church. The purpose of the Way is to deepen the faith of the Catholic faithful....to bring them to a mature faith.  There are over 1 billion Catholics worldwide, and the Neocatechumenal Way is only a very small number of that number.  The members of the Way are Catholics 

Those walking in the Way are contributing to building up the Parish.  There are members who maintain and donated their time to clean and maintain the parish grounds.  Other members contributed by volunteering to be CCD teachers, lectors, Eucharistic ministers, and even altar servers in the parish. The Statutes of the Way stated that the members are supposed to attend the parish Mass once a month, but I know for a fact that some of the members in my community attend the parish mass more than once a month.  Some still attend every Sunday while others attend daily mass. 

The Way is not producing priests to perform ONLY the Way's mass.  They also perform the conventional mass in the parish.  The Way is not for everyone. And anyone who is walking in the Way is able to leave the Way if they choose to.        

3 comments:

  1. Yes those Priest were ordained via RMS also conduct conventional mass. What JW audience do is to build this hate towards the innocent community. Not off the subject, before your a priest, now your a lawyer? What is next? Does it matter really who you are? Plus your are still young in your journey, if the WAY is wrong then take away my children who were born. Because back then marraige never cross my mind. Without this charism thru the Holy Spirit my children will never be born. P.S. a message is sent please read it sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,

      Yes, I'm still very young in my journey walking in the Way. I've only been walking for 7 years going on 8 years very soon since March is just around the corner. Also, thank you for your personal message.

      Delete
  2. No, how can the WAY take over the Catholic Church? when it's withon the CHURCH! For twenty five years I've been away from the Church because of the judgment that I have with the Priest with a boring Homily and one who jokes around. I end my mind flying at lusting at other women. I use to think the Catholic Church is for old ladies and weak people but thru this Charism it made me see the Beauty of this Church that I use to despise. I'm glad to be back.

    ReplyDelete