Wednesday, March 5, 2014

To The Brothers In the Way.


I guess the song didn't work.  I come back and see 6 comments waiting for my approval.  I only approved half of them, and then decided to delete one when I realized it was a copy and paste of a thread from Junglewatch. However, I allowed one post that was copied and pasted from JW from a Capuchin priest who is not even here on Guam under one of my posts.  And I hope you heed what he says. This is now me addressing my brothers walking in the Way:  

My brothers and sisters, 

All of us need to listen.  Those of you who keep going to JW and copying and pasting their threads and bringing it here for me to address....please STOP!   As I said in one of my posts, it's all about the money.  We do not worship money. We worship God, and we know that God provides.  Look at our good fortune. We have two seminaries on Guam.  Although there is only one seminarian at St. John Paul II seminary, I'm sure he's very happy there.   

Sometimes, when a person complains so much about something, it has more to do with the person rather than what he/she is complaining about.  Let me tell you a story:  

There was a priest who went on a tour group with his bishop to Vatican City. The priest looked at all the wealth and treasures found in the Church.  There were beautiful art paintings and many things that are worth a lot of money. The priest complained to his bishop about the wealth of the Catholic Church. "With all this wealth, they could have sold it and gave to the poor," he said to his bishop.  His bishop said nothing.  As they continued the tour, the priest saw more and more treasures worth thousands even millions of dollars. Again, the priest complained, "What is the use of all these beautiful and expensive treasure that the Church keep?  There are people starving in this world for food."  Finally, the bishop turned to the priest and asked, "My brother, how much did you steal from your parish funds?"  The priest turned white, and for a long time said nothing.  Finally, he burst out in tears, "Your excellency, how did you know?"  

The moral of the story.....when people complain so much about something, it actually says more about them than anything else.    

Many members of the Way (especially those walking longer) don't complain about money because they already understood that it's God who provides. Many of us follow the Archbishop because we follow God's word.  So, why should you listen to someone who says he is for God and follows the Church's law on this and that; yet, cannot follow Hebrews 13:17? 

Hebrews 13:17  Obey your spiritual leaders and do what they say.  Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God.  Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow.  That would certainly not be for your benefit.  


6 comments:

  1. Ahmen Girl and you are no Priest but a lay woman. Many people judge how beautiful the Vatican is. Sadly many of the Parish Churches here are four corner concrete slab, Merizo,Umatac and Inarajan are the acceptional ones. nice Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four corner concrete slabs, but still the house of The Lord. For wherever The Lord lives is considered beautiful. Beauty is at the eye of the beholder. Think about this and what you have just said.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I am only a lay woman. I think everyone already knows that Mr. Rohr has an issue with the Archbishop. There's really nothing we can do for Mr. Rohr except pray for him. As they always say in the Way, "Give it up to God."

      Delete
    3. I've noticed if it's true or not, some people outside the way don't like him. I was suprise by this.

      Delete
  2. The most beautiful site in a church is the presence of the Blessed Sacrament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah but anyone here have the yearn of the beauty of the Church with dignity. Mongmong and Toto Churches look like Taitano Apartment. I've been to Israel and Europe Churches are beautiful.

    Guy from Mangilao Parish.

    ReplyDelete