The Neocatechumenal Way is Catholic and legitimate in the eyes of the Catholic Church.
- The Way has the blessings of four Popes since it has started in the 1960s. The Pope is the Successor of the Apostle Peter and the Vicar of Christ. The Way is not excommunicated in any way, but a part of the Catholic Church.
- The Statutes of the Way was approved by the Holy See in 2008.
- The Catechetical Directory of the Way was approved by the Holy See in 2012.
- How the members in the Way received the Body of Christ has been corrected after the approval of the Statutes. The older members of the Way can testify that in the past, the Body of Christ was received sitting down. Today everyone walking in the Way can testify that they receive the Body of Christ standing up.
- The papal Nuncio of the United States celebrated with the members of the Neocatechumenal Way in 2010, and they don't have a problem with the way the celebration was conducted. They don't have a problem with the NCW altar nor with the menorah on the altar. (See Papal Nuncio celebrate NCW Mass).
- The written letter of Father Neil who has a Ph.D in Liturgy is on the Internet. In his letter, Father Neil stated that the Way is not violating the liturgies. (See Father Neil's Letter). Those who feel that Father Neil is incorrect are only questioning his credentials. If you think you know better than Father Neil, then FIRST show us your credentials.
- The teachings of the Neocatechumenal Way follows the same and entire teachings and doctrines of the Catholic Church (Example, we believe that the bread and wine becomes the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ after it is consecrated by the priest.)