Monday, April 14, 2014

World Youth Day


Sunday, April 13th was World Youth Day, which was held at San Vicente School and finished at San Vicente Church.  I attended the World Youth Day and listened to the speeches.  I also noticed that most of the people who helped out in this World Youth Day were members of the Neocatechumenal Way.  Not all the youths who attended WYD were walking in the Way, but it's always great to see the involvement of so many youths.  There were also confessions taking place, and it's nice to see many youths lining up for confessions. 

I finally got to see who Jackie Terlaje is.  She made an excellent speech about bullying, and her husband did an outstanding job on suicide.  Much of the topics that were discussed were related to the youth.  Sex was also talked about, and the key speakers of sex were mission families from the Neocatechumenal Way.  From what I understand, Bosco has a job working at the University of Guam.  So, these mission families were not living off government assistance. Like most people, they went looking for a job, contributing to society.  The topics spoken about in the WYD were relevant to teenage issues.  The main speakers were walking in the Way, and the things they spoke about to the youths are align with Catholic teaching.   

At 2:00 p.m., we marched from San Vicente School to the chuch.  After the Mass, the calling was made for young boys interested in joining the priesthood.  It was great to see some of the boys actually answer the call by going up to the altar.  The same was done for young girls who were interested in joining the convent, and there were some girls who also answered the calling by going up to the altar where they received a blessing from the Archbishop.  I don't know if any of those young boys and girls were walking in the Way, but it's good to see the young people answer the call. 

4 comments:

  1. I suspect you are one of two peope I have in mind, but will let you know later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    I am not any of the presenters if that's what you mean. :) I enjoyed the presentation in the WYD. The topics they presented to the youth are very relevant to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't say you were a presenter.....I know who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt it. If you knew who I am, you would have come up to me and say so. No one has ever approached me and asked whether I was the blogger "Diana".

    ReplyDelete