Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Cardinal George Pell's Abuse Conviction Overturned

The sexual abuse conviction on Cardinal George Pell has been overturned by Australia's high court.  His conviction for the five alleged counts of sexual abuse was unanimously overturned; therefore, he will be released from jail.  You can read the story here.  The statement below was from Cardinal George Pell (the bold is mine).  

STATEMENT FROM CARDINAL GEORGE PELL

I have consistently maintained my innocence while suffering from a serious injustice.


This has been remedied today with the High Court's unanimous decision.
I look forward to reading the judgment and reasons for the decision in detail.
I hold no ill will toward my accuser, I do not want my acquittal to add to the hurt and bitterness so many feel; there is certainly hurt and bitterness enough.
However my trial was not a referendum on the Catholic Church; nor a referendum on how Church authorities in Australia dealt with the crime of paedophilia in the Church.

The point was whether I had committed these awful crimes, and I did not.
The only basis for long term healing is truth and the only basis for justice is truth, because justice means truth for all.

A special thanks for all the prayers and thousands of letters of support.
I want to thank in particular my family for their love and support and what they had to go through; my small team of advisors; those who spoke up for me and suffered as a result; and all my friends and supporters here and overseas.
Also my deepest thanks and gratitude to my entire legal team for their unwavering resolve to see justice prevail, to throw light on manufactured obscurity and to reveal the truth.

Finally, I am aware of the current health crisis. I am praying for all those affected and our medical frontline personnel.

Cardinal George Pell 


Cardinal Pell: understanding the verdict and the fury | National ...

The only basis for long term healing is TRUTH and the only basis for justice is TRUTH, because justice means TRUTH FOR ALL.

The Catholic Church should always be on the side of TRUTH.  This is not to say that there are no sex abuse victims.  There are REAL victims of sex abuse, but they are being undermined by false accusers.  

The law lifting the statutes of limitations is an unjust law.  There are reasons why statutes of limitations exist in the first place.  It is to ensure that justice takes place.  There is no justice when an accuser comes out 50 years later to claim an accusation against a dead priest who cannot speak nor defend his name and reputation.  A person who believes that ALL sexual accusations against the clergy, without any investigations, are true is a person who cares only for what he/she thinks is "good for the Church" rather than the TRUTH. 

3 comments:

  1. Today, the Church is paying for the sins of those guilty priests who committed child sex abuse and for the bishops who covered it up. In 10 or 20 years, the Church will also pay for the innocent priests it persecuted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this good news. Human justice is always flawed. Divine justice is always right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They need to investigate "Tim Rohr" And his fake victims and Crooked lawyers$$

    ReplyDelete