Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Mount of Olives to the NCW

The following article was given to me, and I had to translate it into English on my computer.  The English translation from my computer may not be perfect, but it's the best I can do.  You can find the article here.  Now, based on the title, most are probably thinking that the NCW now owns the Mount of Olives.  Our Statutes stated that the NCW cannot own any assets such as property.  So, for clarification, the Mount of Olives belongs to a foundation, which has given exclusive rights to the NCW for its use.  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Mount of Olives to the Neocatechumenals


mount of olives jerusalem neocatechumenal


The Mount of Olives was sold. The half hectare of land that is located in Jerusalem at 800 meters high and with spectacular views of the city is now owned. Il Sole 24 Ore informs us that the Monte Tabor Foundation in liquidation, the entity that in the past controlled the San Raffaele hospital in Milan until the 2011 crisis and the subsequent sale in 2012 to the Rotelli healthcare business group was to sell. .
After a long procedure of sale and various negotiations opened and closed over two or three years, at the end the plot overlooking the eastern side of the Old City and overlooking the valley of Giosafat - where according to the Bible (Joel 3,2) the Universal Judgment should be held, when it is - the Fundacion Domus Jerusalen, based in Panama, an entity headed by the neo-catechumenals, the much-branched Catholic organization, especially in the Spanish-speaking world, but also in Italy. Final price: 5.1 million euros.
The Mount of Olives is composed of three hills: the ground just given from Monte Tabor to the Fundacion is in the central part, called Monte Santo, or Djebel el Tur, in the upper zone of the ridge just above the Garden of Gethsemane and near - but not neighboring - to the great Jewish cemetery.

To acquire the land many years ago it was Don Luigi Verzè, founder of the San Raffaele, who died at the end of 2011, the horrible year for his creature, with the outbreak of the economic crisis of the health complex and the start of a series of events including suicide in his office of Mario Cal, his right hand man.
From there came the liquidation and the descent into the field of the Neocatechumenals, who participated in the auction and won it:
What will be the destination of the land, now in the hands of the Neo Catecumenal Way, a world movement founded by Kiko Arguello, and which last August 2018 saw tens of thousands of adherents meet at the Circus Maximus with the presence of Pope Francis?
The place is not only at the center of the Christian tradition: since 1967 it is part of the muncipality of Jerusalem but before the war of the Six Days it was Jordanian territory, therefore anyway a politically sensitive area. And it is also from the religious point of view: on the slopes of the Mount, up to the ground, it insists the largest Jewish cemetery in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diana, I just found your blog and I just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work! I am a catechist from Australia, in the diocese of Melbourne. It astounded me how much hounding you are receiving on nearly all posts on this blog. Clearly, there is not much to do in the Jungle, must need to find a way to pass the time! Australia recently celebrated the 40th anniversary of the Way. If the announcement of Jesus Christ never came to my parents through this Neocatechumenal Way, I can say with certainty that i would never have been born (My parents are in the first community that finished the Way in Australia). My mother had 4 miscarriages in a row after my three elder siblings were born. Her doctors were pressuring her to tie her tubes to avoid future suffering. But due to the richness of the teachings of the Church that we receive in the Way, she did not, and I was born. And even if by some other way I was born, my life would have been on a totally different track. I had an older brother who was violent to me growing up, and I found myself hating him so deeply that I even wanted to kill him. It was here God saved my life by sending catechists to announce the Kerygma to me constantly. God has made it possible for me to love my brother, to go to many pilgrimages, to go Itinerant to Papua New Guinea and now to be a catechist in my home diocese. Bless the Lord, Thank you, and I will be following you on this blog from here on out. Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear J.X.A.

      Congratulations on celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Way in Australia. And thank you for your testimony. 🙂

      Delete